Zlomek knihy bratrstva svaté Barbory z Archivu města Brna

Variantní název
Fragment eines Buches der Bruderschaft der hl. Barbara aus dem Archiv der Stadt Brünn
Zdrojový dokument: Studia historica Brunensia. 2015, roč. 62, č. 1, s. [389]-397
Rozsah
[389]-397
  • ISSN
    1803-7429 (print)
    2336-4513 (online)
Type: Článek
Jazyk
česky
Licence: Neurčená licence
Abstrakt(y)
The fragment of the book of St. Barbara brotherhood in St. Nicholas Church dating back to 1504–1523 is deposited in the Brno city archive in the collection of furriers' guild with the signature E 24/11. It contains an introductory record, which characterizes the book and mentions important circumstances in the days of its formation, along with the lists of members and accounting entries. The book is written – with the exception of one Czech formula – in German and Latin. Its comparison with other similar books preserved in Bohemia does not show any significant differences in respect of external and internal features. The cult of St. Barbara appears in guilds more often in the late Middle Ages, however, in a quite heterogeneous mixture of trades, even though the metal-working crafts prevail. Thus, it is not possible to say without any doubt that Barbara was the patron saint of a particular craft at that time. St. Nicholas, now in ruins, existed already in the first third of the 13th century. It was a subsidiary church to St. James parish church; therefore it was not a significant church. Since the guild itself and its cult activities at the altar of St. Barbara in St. Nicholas church are documented significantly earlier than the origin of the book, it is obvious that the book is only a residue of a range of books that were kept by the guild. The study is accompanied by an edition of the preserved fragment.
Jazyk shrnutí
Note
  • Studie byla zpracována s podporou programu PRVOUK, podprogram P12.
Document